Posted on Jul 03, 2023
How to deal with exam stress
Exams are an important part of a student's education and cause stress for many students, but they do not know how to properly deal with exam stress. If you want to avoid the rigorous anxiety of these annoying evaluations, it is important to approach them with a crystal-clear mindset and an understanding of how to deal with stressful conditions more often. Exam stress is just in our minds, which we call exam phobia. But if you are mentally strong, you can face this kind of problem. So in this article, you will get some tips that, if you apply them to life, can help you deal with exam stress.
1) Preparing For The Exam
Carelessness is a common habit among many students, and when the exams come, they think about how to deal with exams. Because their preparation has not been better. Before starting the exam, you should set your mind to studying. Take each subject one by one and be sure how many chapters you have already prepared. After that, write down the weak points in the chapter and discuss them with your classmates and teachers. At this time, short notes will be very helpful, so make them concise and clear.
2) Solved the Previous Year’s Question Paper
Every student is striving to achieve academic excellence and secure admission to prestigious universities by clearing entrance exams in this highly competitive world. Previous year questions are helpful for a student to know the exam pattern and boost their confidence in a subject.
- Previous year questions are helpful for a student to know the exam pattern and increase their confidence in a subject.
- It reveals a bit of the process by which question papers are prepared.
- It allows evaluation of the marks allocation of each question. It helps the students to formulate a precise strategy to excel in any exam.
- Previous year question papers are a valuable resource for anyone who wants thorough revision. This is one of the best techniques to revisit all the information you have studied from the books.
- You can easily estimate the probability of repetition of a question by noting down the frequently asked questions for the next exam.
- If you watch Interview of Toppers, they will always advise you that the previous year's papers are very helpful to deal with exam stress.
3) Manage subject-wise timetable
Following a correct schedule is the key to the success of any student. You can utilize your time in studies as well as in other works. Decide your short and long-term goals for your studies. If you know what you want to achieve, then this strategy will be of great help to you. If you follow a timetable, you can deal with exam stress.
Ask yourself what your long-term and short-term goals are. Always start with a short-term goal and break it down into smaller parts. Make sure you know how much you will spend on each goal, write it down, and brainstorm. Time Table strategy will be helpful for preparing for the exam.
4) Always think positive
Negativity causes stress, and stress causes more negativity. This is a harmful cycle that worsens stress and impacts all areas of life. That's why it's essential to keep a positive mindset and fight against stress. Trust yourself and your abilities. Don't forget that there is always a way out of any difficulty.
If you feel insecure or anxious, seek advice from your parents or teachers and learn how to turn negative thoughts into positive ones. This will help you cope with stress during exams. It will also help you prepare and take your exams with confidence. Many students ask how to deal with exam stress, and always think positive is the right answer.
5) Take a healthy diet
A healthy diet plan keeps you physically healthy and mentally fit. Taking fruits, green vegetables, nuts, seeds, and water will ensure your body has more energy to help you stay fit. It will help you focus on your studies. Sometimes, when we study for long hours after feeling tired, we should always drink juice during study time.
While we recommend eating small, regular meals, breakfast is not on that list! Your budding expert has to endure an intense period of study and even write the exam. Therefore, a combination of whole grains and protein will work well.
6) Study with friends
Whenever we are with friends, we mostly enjoy our time. So if you have a good friend group, try to study with them. You can study more productively with friends. If it is possible, join a group where most students focus on studying; it will be great for you.
1. Feeling better Sometimes you study, sometimes you make fun.
2. If you have any doubts at the same time, you can discuss them with your friends.
3. Exchange ideas.
4. Support each other. Some time spent studying alone can get boring and stressful.
7) Getting proper sleep
College students are completing the school year by giving their final exams. The final weeks are a time characterised by high stress, a poor diet, and terrible sleeping habits. While college students typically struggle with chronic sleep deprivation, additional stress and anxiety related to exams can keep students up "all night" cramming for tests or not sleeping at all. By getting proper sleep, you can deal with exam stress and anxiety.
8) Take a break during the study
Studying can be a demanding and exhausting activity, especially when you have to prepare for exams or complete assignments. You may feel tempted to study for long hours without stopping, hoping to learn more and faster. However, this may not be the best strategy for your learning and well-being.
- Taking breaks can improve your memory. When you study with short breaks in between, you allow your brain to consolidate the information you have learned.
- Taking breaks can boost your energy. Studying for long periods of time can drain your energy and make you feel tired and bored. Taking breaks can help you recharge your batteries and restore your motivation.
- Taking breaks can reduce stress. Studying can be stressful, especially when you have deadlines and expectations to meet. Stress can affect your mood, your health, and your performance.
9) Proud of your past reward and achievement
When you feel stressed during the study, remember your past rewards and achievements. It will motivate you to continue studying and reduce exam stress. It will remind you that you have previously faced a similar situation and won. During study time, when we are confused about how to deal with exam stress, this memory will refresh our minds.
Example: After studying for an hour, you feel stressed. Take a small break and remember your achievements in past competitions. You won first prize in a chess tournament; these things motivate you to study. You will feel proud of yourself.
10) Schedule on exam day
So the day will come. For which you had to work hard for long months. This is a very special day for you. Below are some important ways to deal with exam stress.
1. Get proper sleep because if you do not get proper sleep, you will feel stressed and nervous. This is not good for exam days.
2. Eat a proper breakfast on exam day. Without a proper breakfast, your energy level drops, and you may feel stress and anxiety. Make sure to take fruits, juice, and nuts. Avoid sugary items, which will shorten your energy after your energy crash.
3. Drink fresh water during exam time. Make sure to stay hydrated before your exam. Drink some water with breakfast.
4. Reach the exam centre on time; it will reduce your stress. Do not take on the stress. Read all the instructions carefully, and be sure to put all the necessary things, like a pen, an admit card, and other items, in your bag.
5. If you need help, don't hesitate to consult your instructor. Seeking clarification is not a bad thing. Your question may or may not be answered depending on whether it favors you over other students, but it only takes a moment to ask by lifting your hand.
6. Sit on your seat, relax, and take a long breath. See around you if there are any papers or cheating inputs, and quickly inform your instructor.
7. When you get paper and a copy, first fill in all the necessary details in the copy. After looking at the paper, which questions do you know are perfect? Start with them. Always remember that your answer is net and clean with a real advance heading.